The Cataldo Catholic School is a private catholic school located in the neighborhood of Manito in Spokane, Washington. The institution has about 328 students and offers education from grade PK to K-8. The school is located one block away from Cannon Hill Park and opened on September 20th, 1915.
The school started when Bishop Augustine Schinner created St. Augustine Parish in the Diocese of Spokane in 1914. In September of 1915 this parish opened St. Augustine School, that initially only had 50 students and three sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration as their teachers.
Students from Sacred Heart, St. Augustine, and Our Lady of Lourdes parishes were combined in 1971. Back then, primary school (grades from one to four) were housed at what previously was the Sacred Heart Parish School site, while middle school (grades five through eight) were housed at the former St. Augustine site. In 1984 both schools were combined into the St. Augustine facility, creating a consolidated institution which was renamed Cataldo Catholic School in 1987.
The school offers a fully accredited program that creates excellence in the students there.
Starting at Cataldo Catholic School located at 455 W 18th Ave, Spokane, WA 99203, head north on S Bernard Street and then turning right on W 14th Avenue, and you’ll reach Roosevelt Elementary located at 333 W 14th Ave, Spokane, WA 99204.