The Mobius Children’s Museum is one of the best places to visit if you are in the Downtown Spokane, Washington, area with your family and children and are looking for fun and hands-on educational experiences. It’s located at the Lower Level of River Park Square. They provide a one-of-a-kind experiential learning system that fosters critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Exciting displays, play areas, programs, and games fill this 16,000-square-foot building at Mobius Children’s Museum. The children’s museum has welcomed hundreds of thousand visitors, since 2005.
The following are some of the most popular hands-on exhibits to explore:
- Out-of-Hand Art Studio: In the art studio, create a masterpiece. Paint, draw, and build to let your inner artist out!
- Enchanted Forest: Soft textures and sensory play abound in this welcoming zone for children aged three and under. Ride-on, a small climber and slide, a playhouse, toddler toys, a train table, stuffed animals, and dolls were among the items on display. A sensory bin with rice, scoopers, buckets, and water wheels were also included.
- Music Activity: There is a large xylophone mounted on the wall on the stage in the theatre area, as well as drums, tambourines, and other small instruments.
- Kids Market: Sorting fruit baskets, making change for customers, and purchasing items with oversized coins are all things you’ll be doing. Kids learn that math is not only useful but also enjoyable!
- Brain Teasers: Designed to improve problem-solving skills while having a lot of fun! Try your hand at these brain teasers and challenges. Unravel mathematical puzzles, disassemble and reassemble geometric forms to create new ones, and much more.
- Bridges and Structures: To build, use wooden blocks! How tall will your structure be? How long does your bridge span?
- Reptiles and animals: Meet a variety of live animals and learn about some fascinating reptile characteristics.
- Super Digger: Put your digging skills to the test on the Super Digger!
- Spinning Disc: Have a look at how translational and angular velocity work! How many spheres and rings can you hold on the spinning disk at once?
Mobius Children’s Museum is suitable for the entire family! Without a guardian, children are not permitted on the exhibit floor. Adults are not permitted on the exhibit floor unless accompanied by a child. On the exhibit floor, no food or drink is permitted.
After visiting the museum, a walk through of Riverfront Park could be the perfect way to end the day. There are also numerous shops and restaurants in the surrounding area, or you can visit The United States Pavilion, Expo ’74, a historical landmark in Spokane, Washington.